7 October, 2015
Vegetable Kathi RollsPosted in : Break Fast, Indian, Indian Snacks, Snacks, Uncategorized on by : Anu Jain Tags: healthy, Indian, Indian Snacks, Snack
My husband has always loved to eat Kathi Rolls, but as you are aware Kathi rolls in the market are so unhealthy and oily. Thus I started to think on how to make it into a healthy yet delicious dish. So I eperimented with the regular kathi roll minus the unhealthy stuff. The colorful and flavorsome output surpassed even my expectations.
Presenting you a healthy and colorful Kathi roll, Which has been baked in an oven, in place of shallow frying them in Ghee or oil
- Wheat Flour - 2.5 cups
- Maida - 4 Tbsp.
- Oil - 1 Tbsp.
- For Filling
- Bell Peppers - 2 (1 Red & 1 Yellow) (Medium Sied)
- French Beans - 100 gms.
- Baby Corn - 100 gms
- Capsicum - 1/2
- Carrot - 100 gms
- Lettuce Leaves - 2
- Green Cillies - 4 (Long)
- Ginger - 2 inch long
- Black Pepper - 1.5 Tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup
- Green Chutney (Dhaniya)
- Mix both the flours and add salt to it, then mix oil to the same and mix well avoiding lumps
- Now using water, knead the flour and keep it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into small rotis, and cook them slightly on both the sides (Half Cooked)
- Shred all the vegetables in the shape of finger fries and keep aside.
- In a mixer make a paste of Green Chili and GInger.
- Now heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a thick bottemed ladel, and add ginger paste to the same and cook for around 30 seconds, at medium-high flame
- Now add all the vegetables in this, than sprinkle black pepper powder, salt and oregano. Mix well and cook for around a minute and keep aside.
- Take a half cooked roati and spread green chutney on the same, place the filling in the center, put some ketchup on the filling, put some lettuce leaf, now grate some cheese on top of it and roll it.
- Apply clarified Butter/ Butter to the edges and seal the role.
- Now using a brush or a flexible spatula, cover the rolls slightly in ghee or butter.
- Place these rolls in a preheated oven at 18-degrees for around 2 - 3 minutes.
- Keep the rotis covered to avoid dryness
- Make all the rolls together and you can place multiple rolls in the oven at the same time.