24 July, 2013
Thandai [Indian Refreshment Drink]Posted in : Drinks on by : Animesh Tags: Drink, Indian, Refreshing, Shake
Thandai [Indian Refreshment Drink]
Preparation Time : 2.5 hours
<< What You Need >>
- Milk – 1 ltr.
- Elaichi – 5 [Cardamom]
- Kesar – ¼ tsp. [Saffron]
- Badam – 20 [Almond] (De-skinned and finely chopped)
- Pinsta – 10 [Pistachio] (Chopped)
- Chiraunji – 3 tbsp. [Sunflower Seeds]
- Kishmish – 4 tbsp. [Rasins]
- Saunf – 2 tbsp. [ Fennel Seed]
- Laung – 5 [Cloves]
<< Preparation >>
- Boil around 500ml. water in a sauce pan and add Chiraunji, Elaychi and Laung. Cover with a lid and keep aside to cool.
- Once cool add Badam, Kishmish, Pista and Chiraunji to it cover it with a lid and keep aside for 75 minutes or more.
- Heat around ½ a cup of water and keep aside, just before the next step.
- Blend the above mixture till all the nuts and resins and completely blended.
- Filter the blended mixture using a strainer (छन्ना) by squeezing it in order to extract the liquid completely out of it. Add the saffron infused milk in the strained liquid.
- Now add the above liquid in Milk along with crushed ice.
Your thandai is ready to be enjoyed…